Hi! I’m Crysta Vesely (née Anderson), an experienced B2B writer and digital content strategist. For 20+ years, I’ve worked with executives, customer researchers, analysts, engineers, designers, and product managers across organizations ranging from tiny nonprofits and startups to the Fortune 50.
After years in the corporate world, I took Vesely Creative full time in 2018. I work primarily with B2B, technology, and healthcare clients. The goal is always the same: creating good content that gets your audience to say, “Yes, that’s exactly what I needed to know.”
In the past few years, I’ve:
- Developed the content strategy to launch an American Dental Association program that won a Chicago Innovation Award
- Built the content strategy and editorial board to launch IBM’s Big Data & Analytics Hub, profiled by MarketingSherpa as a best practice
- Managed ecommerce content and strategy for motorola.com
- Written hundreds (thousands?) of blog posts, white papers, ebooks, case studies, contributed articles, web pages, solution briefs, and other pieces of content
- Herded executive cats into a cohesive content strategy
I completed my Master’s in Integrated Marketing Communications through Northwestern University’s Medill School, where I studied everything from consumer insights and customer loyalty to statistics, law, and finance. Through the program, I studied international marketing in Seoul, Shanghai, and Tapei. Back in Chicago, I consulted for clients who sold pizzas and trampoline club memberships.
But enough about work. What about me?
I’ve lived in or around Chicago most of my life. I’m your quintessential word nerd, always reading and writing. I earned a BA (in political science, of all things) at the University of Chicago, finishing a four-year program in just three. I love to travel, lift heavy things, experiment in the kitchen, and occasionally tend to my neglected garden. I’m outside as much as possible, preferably walking or biking through prairies or trees.
Want to know more? Get in touch.